Adelaide Symphony Orchestra today announces Sarah Bleby will be joining its team as Director, Commercial and Special Programs effective 12 March 2019.
ASO Managing Director Vincent Ciccarello said that he was delighted to welcome Sarah to the ASO Senior Management team, with responsibility for commercial programming, orchestra-for-hire and orchestral pit services.
“Sarah is well-known to us here at the ASO, having worked closely together on a wide range of projects and programs over a number of years,” he said.
“She brings a wealth of programming and producing knowledge and experience to this role, which is central to the ASO’s mission to lead the charge to make Adelaide, UNESCO City of Music, a distinctive global music capital.
“We look forward to the energy and enthusiasm she’ll bring to this important part of the ASO’s business.”
Sarah Bleby said: “I’m so excited to be joining this iconic organisation which has such momentum, and which fervently reaches into the community through music – through excellent music.
“To me, orchestras are the epitome of the whole utterly transcending the sum of its parts; they are vital cultural flagships. From the outside, I have loved seeing the ASO adventurously and tenaciously pursuing its role in the cultural leadership of South Australia. I’m honoured to be now part of that from the inside.”
With a background in international engagement, festival production and music, Sarah is a versatile and multi-skilled project manager with more than fifteen years of diverse experience in arts management.
Sarah has held roles such as:
- Senior Advisor, Policy and Programs, Arts South Australia (2018–Feb 2019)
- Director, Office of Adelaide UNESCO City of Music (2015–2017) –
(Sarah was instrumental in Adelaide being awarded this designation, having prepared and written the successful submission to UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network)
- Producer, Adelaide International Guitar Festival, Adelaide Festival Centre (2010–2017) producing the Adelaide Guitar Festival alongside Artistic Director Slava Grigoryan
- Programming Executive, Music, Adelaide Festival Centre (2009–2017)
- Program Executive, Adelaide Festival (2010): secondment to manage several major performing arts projects during the Adelaide Festival’s 50th Anniversary, under Artistic Director Paul Grabowsky
Cheree McEwin, Publicist Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
08 8233 6205 / 0416 181 679 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact Sarah Bleby directly from 12 March 2019