Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 60 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Community Category
This free one-hour concert brings the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra to your local community in a heart-warming program presented by Martin Butler and members of the ASO strings and percussion.
This concert, October explores the essence of what makes music special, with a rich and varied selection of music from around the globe. The centrepiece of this program, aptly named October, demonstrates one of the earliest works for string orchestra. You’ll also experience the gliding and swaying sounds of Bollywood, the rich harmonies of The Beatles and you’ll dance in your seat to disco in this delightful and unexpected program of string and percussion music.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Biagio Marini Passacaglia in G minor
- Black Violin arr. Moore Brandenberg
- Whitacre, Orch. Lavender October
- Lennon/McCartney, arr. Moore Come Together
- Isaac Hayes arr. L.Moore Shaft!
- Richard Meyer Guest Soloist
- Chris Thomas Baile de Lila
- Brian Balmages Urban Concerto Grosso
- Rahman, arr. Moore Slumdog Millionaire