Grace & Grandeur - Master Series 3
Mark Wigglesworth - Conductor
Grace Clifford - Violin
Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto
Bruckner - Symphony No.7
Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto is a treasure, the “heart’s jewel” of concertos according to Joseph Joachim. This gem of 19th-century Romanticism, by turns lyrical and sparkling, is an ideal match for young Australian violinist Grace Clifford, whose deeply felt performance of the Sibelius Concerto entranced Adelaide audiences in 2016.
Look up after interval and you will find yourself inside the vast halls of Bruckner’s Seventh Symphony. Rarely has music sounded so spacious. You can wander through, enjoying the intricacies of the architecture. Or you can simply bask in the music’s golden light – perhaps it’s just the sheen of so many brass instruments, but it seems that each long phrase of music opens a new window to the heavens.
Free for ticket holders, held one hour prior to the performance in the Adelaide Town Hall. The ASO’s Director of Artistic Planning Simon Lord is joined by the ASO’s Principal Guest Conductor Mark Wigglesworth to discuss the works by Mendelssohn and Bruckner in tonight's program.
Leave a Comment
- Fri 1 Jun, 2018 8:00pm
- Sat 2 Jun, 2018 6:30pm
- Concession $99.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $288.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $85.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- 30 and under $50.00
- Family $252.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $71.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $216.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $60.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $189.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
Subscriptions on sale now! Subscribe online today to as few as three concerts to gain access ticket discounts, and special subscriber benefits.