Organ Symphony - Master Series 1
Nicholas Carter - Conductor
James Ehnes - Violin
Wagner - Tannhäuser: Overture
Bernstein - Serenade, after Plato’s Symposium
Saint-Saëns - Symphony No.3 'Organ'
What is the nature of Love?
For Wagner, it is something almost holy. Join the pilgrims who walk through the dreamlike world of the Tannhäuser Overture
and witness a miraculous musical marriage of sensuality and reverence.
Bernstein’s Serenade is an Ancient Greek dinner party in concerto form. James Ehnes uses his violin to portray a variety of guests, philosophers all, each with a witty or stirring ode to Eros. The last one is a jazz-loving gate-crasher!
Saint-Saëns’s Third Symphony takes us on a journey to the blazing sunlight of one of music’s most glorious finales. You will be moved – literally – when the last chord is reached and the Town Hall organ’s 32-foot low C pipe shakes the floorboards!
Free for ticket holders, held one hour prior to the performance in the Adelaide Town Hall. Popular conductor, broadcaster and educator Graham Abbott is joined by ASO Principal Conductor Nicholas Carter to discuss the works by Wagner, Bernstein and Saint-Saëns in tonight's program.
Leave a Comment
- Fri 6 Apr, 2018 8:00pm
- Sat 7 Apr, 2018 6:30pm
- Concession $99.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $288.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $85.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- 30 and under $50.00
- Family $252.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $71.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $216.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
- Concession $60.00 Pensioner, Student, Unemployed
- Family $189.00 2 x Adult and 2 x Children
Subscriptions on sale now! Subscribe online today to as few as three concerts to gain access ticket discounts, and special subscriber benefits.