Floods of Fire
Floods of Fire is an artist-led community-building project drawing on the cultural heritage of a wide spectrum of communities living in South Australia.
Thematically, Floods of Fire will focus on our environment and the impacts of climate change, stemming from flood and fire stories associated with creation, destruction and re-creation.
Conceived by European participatory theatre director, Airan Berg, the ASO is engaging in two creative development phases with the following key creatives and partners:
- Chris Drummond, Artistic Director, Brink Productions
- Dr. Julian Ferraretto, collaborative composer
- Dr. Luke Harrald, composer
- Jakub Jankowski, composer
- Hilary Kleinig, collaborative composer
- Zhao Liang, composer
- Adam Page, collaborative composer
- Grayson Rotumah, composer
- Dr. Jared Thomas, William and Margaret Geary Curator Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art and Material Culture, South Australian Museum
- Open Music Academy, Elder Conservatorium
- Nexus Arts
- Tutti Arts
The project is being evaluated by Dr. Tully Barnett with LabAdelaide.
Airan Berg is an internationally working theatre maker and artistic director, who specialises in large scale participatory and inclusive projects.
He is currently the artistic director of: Festival der Regionen, one of Austria’s most prestigious festivals, Orfeo & Majnun a Creative Europe music theatre project in 7 European Countries, and Floods of Fire, commissioned by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.