Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 30 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Yes Interval
- Community Category
This July the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra brings Port Pirie a concert featuring favourite classical music’s favourite moments, conducted by the inimitable Guy Noble.
Start your musical journey exploring the bustling streets and salons of Italy as seen through the lens of two quintessential Italian composers Rossini and Mascagni, and a re-imagining of the Italian style by English composer Benjamin Britten. Then, a whirlwind journey: visit a towering cave in the British Isles, join a poignant personal tribute on the fields of the First World War, and find love and tragedy in Provence, France.
Join the ASO for an entertaining, yet awe-inspiring evening of orchestral favourites. Book tickets at Country Arts SA
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Guy Noble Conductor / Presenter
Caleb Wright Soloist - Viola
Program to include
- Rossini Overture to Barber of Seville
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- Kats-Chernin Mythic
- Britten Soirées musicales (after Rossini)
- Mendelssohn The Hebrides (Fingal’s Cave)
- Howell Elegy for Viola, String Quartet, and String Orchestra
- Bizet L'Arlésienne: Suite No. 2