Tickets for this event are no longer available.
This July the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra brings Port Pirie a concert featuring favourite classical music’s favourite moments, conducted by the inimitable Guy Noble.
Start your musical journey exploring the bustling streets and salons of Italy as seen through the lens of two quintessential Italian composers Rossini and Mascagni, and a re-imagining of the Italian style by English composer Benjamin Britten. Then, a whirlwind journey: visit a towering cave in the British Isles, join a poignant personal tribute on the fields of the First World War, and find love and tragedy in Provence, France.
Join the ASO for an entertaining, yet awe-inspiring evening of orchestral favourites. Book tickets at Country Arts SA
Program to include
- Rossini Overture to Barber of Seville
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- Kats-Chernin Mythic
- Britten Soirées musicales (after Rossini)
- Mendelssohn The Hebrides (Fingal’s Cave)
- Howell Elegy for Viola, String Quartet, and String Orchestra
- Bizet L'Arlésienne: Suite No. 2
- 1 hr 30 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Yes Interval
- Community Category