Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 75 minutes Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Festival Theatre Location
- Special Event Category
Featuring Johanna Allen, Mitchell Butel, The Idea of North and your Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
Tidings of Comfort and Joy!
What better way to end this year – a year like no other – than with a celebration of the things that draw us together? Let the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and the Adelaide Festival Centre, with a line-up of special guests, bring you tidings of comfort and joy this festive season, in a glorious Christmas concert celebration at the Festival Theatre.
In this festive program, you’ll hear some of your favourite carols and traditional Christmas songs, sung with sophistication and style by the ARIA-award winning vocal quartet The Idea of North. We will also be joined by Adelaide’s own Green Room Award Winner and Festival Centre Walk of Fame recipient, Johanna Allen. And who better to be your master of ceremonies than Mr. Personality himself, the Artistic Director of State Theatre Company South Australia, Mitchell Butel? There will be plenty of surprises along the way too, including special appearances by the Little Drummer Boy and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
What a perfect opportunity to gather together with family and friends and honour the strength, resilience and community spirit that has seen us through 2020.
Whether you’re nine or ninety-nine, A Christmas Celebration will bring joy to your world.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Luke Dollman Conductor
Mitchell Butel MC/Vocals
Johanna Allen Vocals
The Idea of North Vocals
Program to include
- Hurst A Welcome To Christmas
- Anderson Sleigh Ride
- Martin & Blane Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Hairston Mary's Boy Child
- Trad. I Saw Three Ships
- Davis Carol of the Drum (The Little Drummer Boy)
- Joni Mitchell River
- Tchaikovsky Excerpts from The Nutcracker Suite