Tickets for this event are no longer available.
Please note this performance is fully booked out.
The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, in partnership with Community Centres SA, are performing Sanctuary – a series of community concerts across metropolitan Adelaide in August.
ASO conductor and presenter Martin Butler will lead a string ensemble of 16 musicians and takes the audience on a musical journey with an accessible, peaceful and contemplative selection of pieces. Martin’s entertaining style incorporates visual elements, engage people of varying backgrounds and music knowledge.
The concerts are called Sanctuary, and are inspired by Billy Joel’s And So It Goes, just one of the works being performed.
Program to include
- Marin Marais adapted Martin Butler Chaconne from Symphonies d’Alcione
- Billy Joel arr. Moore And So It Goes
- Astor Piazzolla arr. Martin Butler Tango Preparense
- Brian Balmages 30,000 and Forever
- Trad, arranged Belinda Gehlert Andet Brudestykke & The 30 Year Jig
- Morricone arr. Martin Butler Malèna
- Darol Anger arr. B Phillips Creaking Tree
- Astor Piazzolla arr. Martin Butler Libertango
- Community Category