Tickets for this event are no longer available.
Music can refresh the human spirit in a uniquely powerful way. The upheavals caused by the global pandemic have had a profound effect on all of us, and on how we search for our own sense of peace and tranquillity; so, in many ways, this is the ideal time for the musicians of the ASO to bring you a concert in which music from centuries past, and from our own time and place, becomes the gateway to a powerful inward journey.
In this meditation concert, you’re invited to sit, recline or lie down on the floor; the performance space will be in darkness and there will be silence between each piece of music.
In whichever way you find contemplation, this concert will leave you refreshed in mind, body and spirit.
Program to include
- Ravel Ma Mère l’Oye: Pavane de la Belle au bois dormant
- Bach Suite No.3 in D BWV.1068: II. Air
- Sibelius Excerpt from The Bard
- Jakub Jankowski Clairières [World Premiere]
- Elgar Dream Children, Op.43: I. Andante
- Arvo Pärt Silouan's Song
- Mascagni Cavalleria rusticana: Intermezzo
- Luke Howard Passion/Sleep
- Pearsall Arr. Stewart Lay a Garland
- Debussy Clair de lune
- Grainger Studio Location