Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 60 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Elder Hall Location
This spellbinding program opens a door into many musical worlds, from the cool, pastoral quartet by the 19-year-old Benjamin Britten to the sheer gorgeousness of the Sextet by the 78-year-old Richard Strauss. Ravel’s shimmering Introduction and Allegro is that rare thing, a chamber music masterwork featuring harp, and the Octet shows Stravinsky at his jauntiest.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Strauss Sextet from Capriccio
- Stravinsky Octet
- Britten Phantasy Quartet
- Ravel Introduction and Allegro