Tickets for this event are no longer available.
Allow the power of music to refresh the human spirit. The global upheavals of 2020 have had a profound effect on all of us and on how we search for our own sense of peace and connection. This is the ideal time for the musicians of the ASO to bring you a new series of Meditation concerts.
In this one-hour event, presented without interval, you’re invited to a listening experience in which music from centuries past, and from our own time and place, will become the gateway to a powerful inward journey. You can sit, recline or lie down on a mat; the performance space will be in darkness and there will be silence between each piece of music.
In whichever way you find contemplation, the ASO’s Meditation Series will leave you refreshed in mind, body and spirit.
When booking your subscription online, Meditation Series events will default to a standard seat. If you would like to upgrade to a Yoga Mat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8233 6233 to discuss your subscription.
Program to include
- Arvo Pärt Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten
- Max Richter On the Nature of Daylight
- Anna Clyne DANCE: I. when you're broken open
- Elgar Dream Children: I. Andante
- Luke Howard Hymn
- Glanville-Hicks Sinfonia da Pacifica: II. Recitativo
- Schoenberg Nocturne for Strings and Harp
- Keaton Henson Six Lethargies: I. Initium
- Hildegard von Bingen O virtus Sapientae
- 60 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Grainger Studio Location