Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 70 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Festival Theatre Location
- Special Event Category
Written in response to the Nazi’s infamous Kristallnacht of 1938, Tippett’s secular oratorio, with its inspired use of Afro-American spirituals (Steal Away, Nobody Knows the Trouble, Go Down Moses, Deep River), has endured as a universal statement about horrific conflict and ways of healing.
In music that is both of, and ahead of its time, Brett Weymark conducts the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and a massive choir drawn from all walks of life across the city for this unique event.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Tippett A Child of Our Time