Tickets for this event are no longer available.
If you hold credit on your ASO account from 2020 cancellations, or hold an ASO issued Gift Voucher please click here to purchase online or book via the ASO Box Office on 08 8233 6233
From the cute and the cuddly to the tall and the terrifying, the animal kingdom has captivated composers through the ages, and now will captivate you in a concert as frisky as a kitten yet as graceful as a gazelle. Guy Noble conducts and acts as your genial guide through a cavalcade of animal antics, from the twittering Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks to the majesty and power of Sibelius’ vision of swans in flight. Don’t miss this furry, feathered exploration of music for all creatures great and small.
Program to include
- Rossini La gazza ladra (The Thieving Magpie): Overture
- Debussy Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun
- Mussorgsky orch. Ravel Pictures at an Exhibition: Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks
- Skubiszewski arr. McKenzie Red Dog: The Search
- Williams Jurassic Park: Theme
- Prokofiev Music from Peter and the Wolf
- Sibelius Symphony No.5 in E flat: Allegro molto
- 75 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Festival Theatre Location