Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Junior Strings 2.5 hrs, Intermediate and Advanced 3 hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Grainger Studio Location
- Big Rehearsals, Community Category
This event was cancelled. All patrons are being contacted directly regarding refunds, credits, exchanges and donations. For all queries, please contact us, quoting order numbers if you are a ticket holder.
One of the most fundamental building blocks for young aspiring musicians is the experience of playing in an orchestra. Big Rehearsals is an inspiring learning opportunity for students to sit side-by-side with ASO musicians and bring to life music designed to challenge and develop their musicality and orchestral playing skills.
These popular sessions are a highlight of our Learning season.
Mon 24 Aug 2pm – 5pm
Advanced (AMEB Grade 6+)
Tue 25 Aug 10am – 12.30pm
Junior Strings (AMEB Grade 1–3)
Tue 25 Aug 2pm – 5pm
Intermediate (AMEB Grade 4–5)
Applications close Mon 25 May
Curriculum links Music
Teacher Professional Development
Date Mon 24 & Tue 25 Aug
Time 10am – 12.30pm & 2pm – 5pm
Venue ASO Grainger Studio
Have you ever wondered how a professional conductor rehearses an orchestra? Come along and observe students rehearsing alongside the ASO under the baton of Benjamin Northey. Places are strictly limited and are only available to people holding a current Teacher Registration Certificate and WWCC or Police Clearance.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.