- 3hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Grainger Studio Location
- Come and Play Category
Please note that the planned session for Saturday 21 March will not go ahead. The ASO are working with all partners to confirm information about a potential postponement of this event to a later date. This page will be updated ASAP and ticket holders contacted directly to confirm ticketing arrangements.
For the latest Management Statement on the impact of COVID-19, please visit www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
Are you a musical member of the community who’d love the opportunity to play side-by-side with members of the ASO? If so, this is your time to shine as we invite you to be an honorary member of the ASO for our Come and Play program!
Under the baton of conductor Graham Abbott, you’ll join the orchestra from 1.30pm – 4.30pm to work on music by Brahms, Sculthorpe and Sibelius. You’ll be paired with a member of the ASO, who’ll provide you with mentoring over the duration of the afternoon. This experience is a great way to develop your orchestral playing skills and knowledge, and to get to know your ASO up-close-and-personal.
The afternoon concludes with an informal presentation from 4.00pm – 4.30pm where friends and family have the opportunity to witness the achievements of the participants.
For general enquiries for Come and Play, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable Ages 18+ (AMEB Grade 5+)
Cost $60, afternoon tea provided
Duration 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Applications for Strings, horn and trombone close Mon 17 Feb
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Brahms Academic Festival Overture
- Sculthorpe From Uluru
- Sibelius Symphony No.2 - Finale: Allegro moderato