ASO COVID-19 Updates
This page will be updated as required upon further developments.
The Conditions of Entry include a range of public health measures to keep patrons, artists and staff safe.
All ASO events are held according to SA Health directions and the policies of the venues in which we perform. As applicable COVID–Safe and COVID-Management plans have been developed in conjunction with each of our venues. Details of these plans will be included in pre-concert email communications sent 3–5 days prior to each performance, so please ensure that your contact information is up-to-date.
- All persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to ALL Adelaide Symphony Orchestra concerts scheduled in 2022.
- Effective 20 December, proof of vaccination will also be required for in-person subscription appointments with our our Box Office at 91 Hindley Street.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption and provide a recent negative test result no older than 72 hours.
- If you purchased a ticket to an ASO concert before the vaccination requirement was announced and you are unable to comply, you can request a refund.
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case 14 days prior.
Temporary Closure of Grainger Studio to the Public
In order to provide a COVID-Safe environment for our staff, and with limited concert activity, Grainger Studio will be temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
ASO box office and subscription assistance is still available Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Please contact us by phone 08 8233 6233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can provide you assistance remotely.
Deliveries will still be accepted in a COVID-Safe manner during the closure. Please call 08 8233 6233 on arrival and await further instructions.
Please be assured that in the event of concert changes or cancellations, ticketholders will receive communication from the ASO and will be eligible for a refund.
Postponed concerts and events
If an event has been postponed, or rescheduled, we ask you to hold on to your tickets until the new dates are announced. If the new dates are not suitable, ticket holders will then be given the opportunity to secure a refund.
General COVID-19 Update
The ASO continues to play its part in controlling the spread of COVID-19, and our primary concern is that of the health and wellbeing of our patrons, supporters, staff and players.
We continue to follow the advice of SA Health as it relates to seating and venue arrangements. This advice can change at short notice, so we appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate the effects of COVID-19 on live performance.
COVID–Safe plans have been developed in conjunction with each of our venues. Details of these plans will be included in pre-concert email communications sent 3–5 days prior to each performance, so please ensure that your contact information is up-to-date.
For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.