Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 85 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Voice Solo Instrument
- Festival Theatre Location
If you hold credit on your ASO account from 2020 cancellations, or hold an ASO issued Gift Voucher please click here to purchase online or book via the ASO Box Office on 08 8233 6233
Elena Kats-Chernin’s exuberant orchestral showpiece makes for a thrilling start to your ASO journey in 2021. As Kats-Chernin says: “My mother used to play Liszt’s Second Hungarian Rhapsody when we lived in Russia. Big Rhap transfers… my early memories of the spectacle [and] merriment… of what I saw and heard in my living room!”
Soprano Lauren Fagan will bring her beautiful voice to memories from a different time and place – a radiant remembrance of childhood in long-ago small-town USA, and “that time of evening when people sit on their porches, rocking gently”.
By the final bars of Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Symphony, you’ve been taken on a journey from brooding despair to wild exultation. Is there a Russian symphony that concludes more joyously than this?
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Dane Lam Conductor
Lauren Fagan Soloist
Program to include
- Elena Kats-Chernin Big Rhap
- Barber Knoxville: Summer of 1915
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.4