Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 110 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Festival Theatre Location
If you hold credit on your ASO account from 2020 cancellations, or hold an ASO issued Gift Voucher please click here to purchase online or book via the ASO Box Office on 08 8233 6233
What a joy to welcome back Grace Clifford, who returns to the ASO as soloist in one of the world’s favourite violin concertos.
The story goes that Sibelius once took a young visitor outside his house in rural Finland, embraced with a gesture the spectacular view, and said: “Here is my second symphony”. This is music of home, overflowing with fervour, grandeur and love.
Miriam Hyde was in her early 20s, and not long back from her studies in London, when she created this spirited overture to honour the centenary of the founding of Adelaide in 1936 – a heart-warming musical celebration of home.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Hyde An Adelaide Overture
- Bruch Violin Concerto No.1
- Sibelius Symphony No.2