Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1hr Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Cello Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
You know how special it is to receive a long, hand-written letter from a very close friend? Here is something like that: two intensely personal works from composers who mastered the art of musical expression. Dvořák’s Cello Concerto is an outpouring of wordless song, unmistakeably tinged with homesickness. Tchaikovsky called his ﬁnal symphony ‘the most sincere of all my creations’, and the passionate tale it weaves is utterly gripping.
Cellist Li-Wei Qin is already a favourite with Australian audiences, having grown up here, but this will be the ﬁrst time the ASO plays under conductor Long Yu. The director of several of China’s biggest orchestras and festivals, Long Yu is a leading ﬁgure in China’s burgeoning classical music scene.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Long Yu Conductor
Li-Wei Qin Cello
Program to include
- Dvořák Cello Concerto
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.6 Pathétique