Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1hr 40 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Matinee, Mingling Room Category
Celebrate the return home of your Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, when we present a program that will grace the most esteemed concert halls of China and South Korea this October. Led by our Artist in Association, the legendary Pinchas Zukerman, this exciting three week tour will see the ASO take this repertoire to the international stage before performing it here at the Adelaide Town Hall.
Now, this is music with personality! But whose is it? Elgar’s Enigma Variations are inspired by real people, friends of the composer – a diverse company whose portraits come alive each time they are performed. Pinchas Zukerman is an ideal host, generous and gregarious, bringing them all together for a convivial evening with us.
Zukerman’s own chance to shine comes in the assured elegance and seemingly endless melody of Mozart’s Fifth Violin Concerto. But Mozart’s mercurial temperament also shows through – look out for playful digressions in the rondo!
Enjoy Beethoven’s ‘Egmont’ Overture as a sort of aperitif or antipasto before all these guests arrive!
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Beethoven Egmont: Overture
- Mozart Violin Concerto No.5 'Turkish'
- Elgar Enigma Variations