Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Pooraka Memorial Hall Location
- Community Category
Please note this performance is fully booked out.
The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra, in partnership with Community Centres SA, are performing Sanctuary – a series of free community concerts across metropolitan Adelaide in August.
ASO conductor and presenter Martin Butler will lead a string ensemble of 16 musicians and takes the audience on a musical journey with an accessible, peaceful and contemplative selection of pieces. Martin’s entertaining style incorporates visual elements, engage people of varying backgrounds and music knowledge.
The concerts are called Sanctuary, and are inspired by Billy Joel’s And So It Goes, just one of the works being performed.
To book, please contact the Pooraka Farm Community Centre by email, email@example.com or by phone, 08 8406 8488 during business hours.
Session will be held in the Pooraka Memorial Hall: 39 Scott Street, Pooraka.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Marin Marais adapted Martin Butler Chaconne from Symphonies d’Alcione
- Billy Joel arr. Moore And So It Goes
- Astor Piazzolla arr. Martin Butler Tango Preparense
- Brian Balmages 30,000 and Forever
- Trad, arranged Belinda Gehlert Andet Brudestykke & The 30 Year Jig
- Morricone arr. Martin Butler Malèna
- Darol Anger arr. B Phillips Creaking Tree
- Astor Piazzolla arr. Martin Butler Libertango