Fri 10 Jun 2022, 11:00am
- General Admission
- Dept for Education Cat 1-3 Student
- Dept for Education Cat 1-3 Teacher
Ticket prices are subject to change based on demand. A $5.00 transaction fee may apply for single tickets purchased through Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.
- Approx. 60 minutes Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
Let internationally acclaimed composer and music educator Paul Rissmann take your secondary students on a journey of discovery including Florence Price’s first symphony, which broke down barriers as the first symphony by a black woman ever to be performed by a major American symphony orchestra, and the opening movement of Schubert’s Tenth Symphony.
The final destination on the itinerary is Paul Rissmann’s music to Australian author and illustrator Shaun Tan’s book The Lost Thing. Recognised as so much more than a picture book for young readers, Secondary students can study Tan’s references to iconic Australian works of art in his illustrations and form their own opinions on what the moral of this story is.
$12 per student
$9 per student for category 1–3 schools
Music, Literacy, Visual Art
Patrons attending this concert will no longer be required to show proof of double COVID-19 vaccination.
Program to include
- Meredith arr. Ross Nautilus
- Schubert reconstr. Newbould Symphony No. 10 Allegro maestoso
- Price Symphony No. 1 Juba Dance
- Rissmann The Lost Thing