Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Approx. 2 hours 10 minutes Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 minutes Interval
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
A spellbinding journey from the intimate to the epic.
From the dark splendour of its opening moments through to its jubilant conclusion, Mahler’s Fifth Symphony is a mighty orchestral odyssey. Clara Schumann’s tuneful, graceful concerto is such a gem you’ll wonder why it’s not performed more frequently. And how better to open than with some magic by Mozart. The overture to his sublime comedy The Marriage of Figaro gets the ASO 2022 concert season off to a fizzing start.
Join us at the Meeting Hall (located just behind Adelaide Town Hall) one hour before the concert for Classical Conversations and hear from ABC presenter Russell Torrance and award winning composer Anne Cawrse.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Mozart The Marriage of Figaro: Overture
- Clara Schumann Piano Concerto
- Mahler Symphony No.5