Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Showground Location
Some of the greatest music ever created is played by the ASO in the thrilling opening concert of the Festival – this will be a night to remember!
This is music of passion and spectacle: the Jets and the Sharks facing off to the pulsating music from Bernstein’s West Side Story, the soaring emotion of the Adagio from Khachaturian’s ballet Spartacus, the scintillating big city sounds of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue and Ravel’s powerfully hypnotising Boléro. As if that weren’t enough, the cannons will thunder and the fireworks will dazzle, to the sounds of Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture.
For one magical night only Classical Spectacular will set your spirit soaring and light up the night sky!
VIP packages available for this concert – click here for details
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture
- Ravel Boléro
- Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue
- Bernstein Symphonic Dances from West Side Story
- Khachaturian Adagio from Spartacus