Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 45 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
Please note in light of the recent directive from the Australian Government Department of Health, that a limit of no more than 100 people for non-essential indoor gatherings, international travel restrictions and self-distancing measures are now in place nationwide, we regret that, these performances have been cancelled
For the latest Management Statement on the impact of COVID-19, please visit www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
Good music doesn’t write itself. You can hear the struggle for greatness in both Brahms’ masterful Violin Concerto and Sibelius’ ground-breaking Second Symphony.
ASO Concertmaster Natsuko Yoshimoto will take on the Brahms, a work that has been variously described as a concerto against violin, and ‘for violin against orchestra – and the violin wins!’ The violin strives for beauty, ﬁnds it in abundance during the Adagio, and celebrates with a joyful Hungarian rondo.
Sibelius once described his symphonies as ‘like Jacob wrestling with the angel’. Hearing the Second Symphony is like having all your fear and doubt gradually overcome by an unseen rising power, irresistible and immense. The ﬁnale is hard-won, but exhilarating – it’s no wonder early Finnish audiences heard their struggle for independence embodied in this music.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Brahms Violin Concerto
- Sibelius Symphony No.2