Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2 hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
Please note in light of the recent directive from the Australian Government Department of Health, that a limit of no more than 100 people for non-essential indoor gatherings, international travel restrictions and self-distancing measures are now in place nationwide, we regret that, these performances have been cancelled
For the latest Management Statement on the impact of COVID-19, please visit www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
It’s been called the concerto in which Mozart truly became Mozart. The composer turned 21 and turned out his Ninth Piano Concerto at around the same time, and the musical result is a miracle of eﬀortless elegance and deep sincerity. The ever-popular French pianist Jean-Eﬄam Bavouzet makes a welcome return to Adelaide with this ‘coming-of-age’ concerto.
Tchaikovsky’s seldom-heard First Symphony more than lives up to its tantalising subtitle, Winter Daydreams. Written by a determined young man in his mid-twenties, this work heralded the beginning of a uniquely Russian symphonic tradition. It has all the hallmarks of Tchaikovsky’s best-loved music: memorable melodies, Russian melancholy, an enchanting waltz and an extravagant ﬁnale.
Rossini’s attention-grabbing overture to William Tell makes a ﬁtting introduction to these two youthful masterpieces.
CODA / Thursday night only: After the concert, pianist Jean-Eﬄam Bavouzet will return to the stage to perform Claude Debussy’s Clair de lune, Nocturne & L’isle joyeuse.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Rossini William Tell Overture
- Mozart Piano Concerto No.9 Jeunehomme
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.1 Winter Daydreams