Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 40 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room, ReMastered Category
Please note in light of the recent directive from the Australian Government Department of Health, that a limit of no more than 100 people for non-essential indoor gatherings, international travel restrictions and self-distancing measures are now in place nationwide, we regret that, these performances have been cancelled
For the latest Management Statement on the impact of COVID-19, please visit www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
Whenever Felix Mendelssohn was enthusiastic about something, he would turn it into music. A trip to Italy prompted the rollicking Italian Symphony. His friend’s violin playing inspired the gorgeous Violin Concerto. A lifelong passion for Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream resulted in a whole suite of fairy-tale incidental music, including the famous Wedding March. This entire concert is a testament to Mendelssohn’s irrepressible wonder and excitement.
Who will lift the lid on all this joyful, sparkling music? Pinchas Zukerman knows this music intimately – he began his illustrious recording career playing Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto, under the baton of Leonard Bernstein. Now Zukerman steps onto the conductor’s podium, and outstanding young Japanese violinist Fumiaki Miura takes the solo role in what will be a night to remember.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Mendelssohn A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Nocturne, Scherzo, Wedding March
- Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
- Mendelssohn Symphony No.4 Italian