Tickets for this event are no longer available.
Tchaikovsky bared his soul in his final symphony, which also became his farewell to the world. Written only a few months before his death, his Pathétique symphony is a vivid and poignant musical valedictory. Few composers have confronted their demons in music of such ravishing beauty.
Tchaikovsky admired Mozart above all other composers, and once wrote:
‘It is thanks to Mozart that I have dedicated my life to music. He…made me love music more than anything else in the world.’ In his Haffner symphony, Mozart holds richness, poise and melodic beauty in masterful balance.
Program to include
- Wagner Lohengrin (Prelude to Act I)
- Mozart Symphony No.35 Haffner
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.6 Pathétique
- 80 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Adelaide Town Hall Location