Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 80 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
Tchaikovsky bared his soul in his final symphony, which also became his farewell to the world. Written only a few months before his death, his Pathétique symphony is a vivid and poignant musical valedictory. Few composers have confronted their demons in music of such ravishing beauty.
Tchaikovsky admired Mozart above all other composers, and once wrote:
‘It is thanks to Mozart that I have dedicated my life to music. He…made me love music more than anything else in the world.’ In his Haffner symphony, Mozart holds richness, poise and melodic beauty in masterful balance.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Wagner Lohengrin (Prelude to Act I)
- Mozart Symphony No.35 Haffner
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.6 Pathétique