Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2hrs, including 20 min interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Pop Artist / Group Solo Instrument
- Thebarton Theatre Location
- Popular, Special Event Category
Please note in light of the recent directive from the Australian Government Department of Health, that a limit of no more than 100 people for non-essential indoor gatherings, international travel restrictions and self-distancing measures are now in place nationwide, we regret that, these performances have been cancelled
For the latest Management Statement on the impact of COVID-19, please visit www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
This isn’t just Nirvana with strings. Prepare to witness your ASO transformed into a raging rock beast.
Imagine About a Girl and Where Did You Sleep Last Night backed by a wall of sound big enough to match the angst in the songs. Picture Smells Like Teen Spirit and Lithium pushing the time punk broke into the stratosphere, accompanied with anecdotes.
Using Nirvana’s legendary MTV Unplugged in New York as inspiration, along with other works throughout Nirvana’s discography, Unplugged: Nirvana Reimagined will take orchestral sounds to some seriously heavy and grungy places.
Award-winning songwriter and veteran of sold out Nirvana reinterpretations from around the country, Justin Burford (from legendary band End of Fashion) will lead the concert alongside conductor Jessica Gethin for two nights each delivered with the same raw emotion crafted by Kurt, Krist and Dave back in the day.
Come as you are.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.